Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lovin' the hand held blender

So, a few weeks ago I purchased a Kitchen Aid immersion blender which I've been trying out with several recipes.  I bought it so I could make smoothies.  In my attempt to eat clean, I know drinking the smoothies from the stores are full of sugar and bad calories I was going to enjoy but healthy. 

My first attempt was not tasty.  The blender is great.  Put together fresh strawberries, scoop of vanilla whey power (cleanest on the market...NO sugar in any forms) skim milk.  I blended that together and it did not taste good, so I added some cottage cheese which was in a recipe I saw.  That did not improve the taste - go figure.  Needless to say, I had to drink it out of a straw and was not encouraged with my first attempt. 

Second try was much better.  I used frozen raspberries, three quarter scoop of whey protein, 1 banana and some vanilla yogurt.  I hit the jackpot!  this was yummy. 

Then with the success with the smoothie, I figured i would venture out with my favorite dessert...chocolate tofu mousse.  I had been making it with a small food processor which was too small and to many parts to wash.  This hand blender did the job beautifully.  It blended the tofu and melted chocolate just as well and only one part to wash. 

I can't wait to see what else I can blend.  I will be trying peach sorbet soon.  I'm thinking frozen peaches, vanilla yogurt and vanilla whey protein.  We'll see.  Now, I'm waiting for the Hubby to come home with pizza.  Balance the good with the bad:)

~ The Red Head

No comments:

Post a Comment